Posted by Prince_Ali | | | 0 comments »

Blogs Business

What is a blog and what can it do for your business? A blog, which is short for "weblog", is a regular series of thoughts, ideas, and opinions on any number of topics. Many people are familiar with the personal diary type of blog. Those weblogs are maintained by individuals who wish to share various aspects of their lives with others. Their writings may include their thoughts, their ideas, and their daily activities. That is not the type of blog I am discussing here. This column is about using blogs as part of a business and its marketing, publicity, and promotional activities. This type of blog takes the form a daily column about business. We will examine how starting a daily blog, updated as often as you like, can help to create a closer relations with your customers and clients. People like to conduct business with people they know. Writing a blog is one way to start and continue that relationship. You can either host your own blog on your own web site, or you can use a blog service. I recommend that you get your own domain name for your blog, if it's not hosted on your site. I am using this free blog service, provided by the Google owned Blogger, as an example. Now who am I? My name is Wayne Hurlbert. My background ranges from sales management and marketing, to market research, to government lobbying. I also do marketing and public relations consulting, search engine optimization, and freelance writing. I have a couple of decades of hard earned business experience, that includes some good days, and some bad ones. I'm sure all of you recognize those! For those who want to get an early glimpse into my thoughts, I write another daily column about roller derby. In that blog, I discuss the sport of roller derby from a business perspective. I also provide daily news on the happenings in the sport.

0 comments